Asked by: Shana Moreteasked in category: General Last Updated: 31st January, 2020
Why do I get red bumps after shaving my pubic hair?
Click to see full answer.
Also, how do I prevent razor bumps on my pubic area?
The following tips may help prevent or reduce razor burnwhen shaving the pubic hair:
- Exfoliate: Rub the area with a body brush or flannel to removedead skin cells before shaving.
- Shave at the end of a hot shower or bath: Warm water opens thepores, making shaving easier.
Subsequently, question is, how do you get rid of hair bumps on your private area?
- Stop removing the hair in that area. Stop waxing, shaving, orplucking the hair in that area until the ingrown hair goesaway.
- Apply warm compresses. Place warm compresses on the area.
- Gently pull out the hair.
- Remove dead skin.
- Use creams to reduce inflammation.
- Use retinoids.
Also to know is, how do you treat shaving rash on pubic area?
A cream containing hydrocortisone will help reduce theredness, string, and inflammation. Make sure to use it as directed.You can also try a moisturizing lotion, aloe vera gel, or a teatree oil balm. There are many products made specifically to combatrazor burn in the bikini area.
How do I get a smooth shave down there?
Soak in the tub for at least 5 minutes to soften theskin and pubic hair before you shave. Apply shavingcream or gel with aloe vera or another soothing agent (made forwomen) over all the areas you plan to shave. Reapply asneeded. Use a new/sharp razor or “bikini” razor –DON'T use a dull blade.